Spay and Neuter
Mendocino Coast Humane Society provides affordable spay and neuter procedures for pets in an effort to reduce pet overpopulation.
Why should you spay/neuter your pets?
To keep your pets safe, happy, and healthy! This procedure helps prevent certain cancers and avoids the high cost of caring for litters. It can help prevent bad behavior like running away from home to look for a mate, marking or spraying indoors and some aggression issues.
Your pet's age and vaccination history
- Dogs must be a minimum of 6 months.
- Cats must be a minimum of 4 months.
- Please bring your pet’s vaccination records.
- All animals should be fully vaccinated prior to surgery. We can give vaccinations at the time of surgery for a fee.
Your pet's health
- We are designed to accept healthy animals for surgeries.
- Inform us if your pet has any underlying health conditions.
- If your pet has recently been sick, it is better to reschedule the appointment.
- If your pet is currently presenting with symptoms of illness or has been diagnosed with a contagious disease, please do not bring them to the Shelter. Instead, please visit your regular veterinarian.
Schedule a spay or neuter appointment
You may use the form below to schedule a spay or neuter appointment at our Fort Bragg location. During normal business hours, we will call to setup a date and time for your appointment.
- Appointments are usually scheduled 2-4 weeks in advance.
- You may also call us at 707-964-SPAY to schedule an appointment.
- If your pet is an ADULT DOG or CAT, no food can be given after midnight the night before surgery.
- If your pet is a PUPPY or a KITTEN, no food can be given after 6 am the morning of surgery.
- Pets of any age may have water up until 7 am the morning of surgery.
- You will need to drop off your pet between 8:15 – 8:30 am.
- Pets will go home the same day between 4 – 4:30 pm.
- Your total fee is due when you drop off your pet.
- Please have your ID available at that time as well.
Canine Spay/Neuter Fees
- Spay under 30 lbs – $250
- Spay 30 to 60 lbs – $300
- Spay over 60 lbs – $350
- Neuter under 50 lbs – $225
- Neuter 50 to 75 lbs – $250
- Neuter over 75 lbs – $325
Feline Spay/Neuter Fees
- Domestic Spay – $150
- Domestic Neuter – $120
Eileen Hawthorne Fund 707-969-7877 – Financial assistance for feline spay/neuter
Second Chance Rescue Fort Bragg 707-964-7770 – Helps low-income owners with vet bills including spay/neuter